Get published with The Telling Room! Our mission is to empower youth through writing, and share their voices with the world.
STORIES is an online literary magazine, or zine, where children and teen writers from around the world can publish their writing.
IMPORTANT: If the email address that you use is a school email, we may NOT be able to respond to you. If you want a reply, please use a personal email address.
- We accept writing from young people, 6-18 years old, from anywhere around the world.
- We do not have translation services, and so we currently only publish in the English language, and a second language is optional.
- We are open for submissions year around.
- Poems must be no longer than 40 lines.
- Prose must be no longer than 1,000 words.
- We are NOT accepting multiple submissions at this time.
- We are NOT accepting writing from school assignments at this time.
- Please read the stories already published on our site to see if yours might be a good fit before submitting.
- If you wish to submit your writing to be considered for publication on our Stories page, please fill out the form below.
Please be aware that we have a limited number of editors reading work, and all submissions may not be acknowledged. If you don't get a response, you may revise your writing and submit again, or submit new writing. If an editor does email you, that's great! You are fortunate, as not all writers will get a response. Please write the editor back in a professional and respectful manner, and expect to work back and forth with your editor on your draft before it is published. Thank you!