Like many of you, we’ve been actively following the progression of COVID-19 in Maine, in other parts of the country, and across the globe. In the interest of safeguarding the wellbeing of our beloved staff, volunteers, teaching artists, and students—and following guidance from local, state, and federal authorities regarding measures that best promote public health—we’ve decided to temporarily suspend daily operations, including all Telling Room programs and events, starting March 13th at 6pm. Please visit our Programs page for more information.
The Telling Room is at 225 Commercial Street in Suite 201, one floor above Vervacious and the Old Port Wine Merchants, across the street from the Japanese Restaurant, Sapporo.
- If you're hoofing it, from Monument Square, take either Center Street or Temple/Union Street down toward the waterfront, and hang a left at Commercial.
If you're on the Metro bus, the 8 stops at the Casco Bay Ferry Terminal, just a few blocks down Commercial from us. Or you can take ANY of the city bus lines (1-8) and get off at Monument Square and walk from there.
The Telling Room
225 Commercial Street
Portland, ME 04101
- Celine Kuhn, Executive Director
- Nick Whiston, Program Director
- Blaire Knight-Graves, Communications Manager
- Molly McGrath, Publications Director
- Sarah Schneider, Development Director
- Sonya Tomlinson, YWL Program Lead
- Amy Raina, Teacher & Designer
- Rachele Ryan, Office Manager / Development Assistant
- Marjolaine Whittlesey, Lead Teacher
- Kathryn Williams, Lead Teacher
- Peyton Black, Program Assistant & Volunteer Coordinator
- Clare Lavergne, Publications & Community Engagment Coordinator